Supply Chain Practitioner Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
The Advanced Supply Chain Practitioner Apprenticeship is a two-year scheme and will offer you the opportunity to gain real experience working in the Manufacturing or Maintenance supply chain, which support all of our products. You will gain a broad knowledge of the supply chain and learn the skills to contribute to our continuous improvement culture. Through a combination of ‘off-the-job’ training, reviews and work placements, you will gain exposure to real challenges that support our business.
What does the apprenticeship involve?
Your off the job training will include interactive classroom sessions, delivered by Industry leading professionals, studying topics such as:
- Deliver your responsibilities efficiently and with integrity
- Show a positive attitude
- Work well within a team
- To demonstrate strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Time management
- Develop your organisational skills
- Project management skills
- Continuous Improvement
Typically you will be placed within either Manufacturing or Maintenance functions and this will be determined post our Assessment Centre.
Typical duties could include:
- Forecasting customer demand as a Junior Demand Planner
- Liaising with the factories schedule production as a Junior Supply Planner
- Processing orders as a Customer Service Operative and working with hauliers and Distribution Centres as an Assistant Transport Planner
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work - we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including mathematics and English. ICT would be beneficial but not compulsory.
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 Supply Chain Practitioner qualification.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the worlds most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.