Supply Chain Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
The Maritime Services Supply Chain apprenticeship provides a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours, which can be gained working within our Supply Chain function The apprenticeship provides a firm grounding in commercial, procurement and supplier management activities and processes. The successful candidate will gain experience in key areas of the function such as Manufacturing procurement, Warship Support Project procurement, Naval Base Services and Governance. During this 2 year apprenticeship period the individual will build a knowledge of basic transactional procurement technologies as well as an understanding of the basics of contract law, negotiation and supplier management techniques.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Day-to-day support to sourcing and procurement activities, either through the management of day-to-day routine procurement activities such as expediting, or by supporting strategic procurement initiatives or projects such as supplier performance measurement and management
- Dealing with stakeholders both within Supply Chain, in customer functions and suppliers to ensure that day-to-day objectives around quality, cost and delivery are achieved
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work - we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English AND a minimum of 240/96 UCAS points, or equivalent (excluding UCAS points gained at AS level).
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards a Commercial Procurement & Supply Level 4.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.