Assisting with all services offered by the Student Office team, including, but not limited to student inductions, verification of student eligibility, absence monitoring, campus visits, Visa monitoring, alternative session processing and managing the student classing process.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive information to all students, delegates, staff, and visitors in a friendly and informative manner via telephone, email, and face to face contact
- Together with other team members, provide a consistently high level of enquiry response and general reception service at the front desk
- Update the absence recording database when necessary and support the relevant staff with attendance monitoring processes
- Provide regular attendance monitoring reports to the Head of Operations, Student Office Manager and Programme Leads, highlighting any students requiring follow up with ad hoc reports for other staff, e.g. Personal Tutors
- Maintain accurate and confidential records in response to changes in a student’s registration status and ensure that accurate information is available to all relevant University users and external bodies (e.g. Student sponsors, UKVI)
- Process requests from students to transfer, withdraw or take a break from their studies in accordance with ULaw policies and procedures
- Process any student de-registrations in accordance with ULaw policies and procedures
- Assist with the induction process for domestic and international students to ensure the welcome and registration process meets both their needs and those of the University
- To understand the entry requirements and policies and procedures of the University and administer the policies in order to advise staff and students accordingly
- Follow University procedures when verifying student eligibility and refer to the Eligibility Manager where appropriate
- Produce necessary documentation to students and external bodies confirming status, e.g. information in support of applications for bank accounts and council tax exemption, accurately and efficiently
- Process student requests to attend alternative sessions in accordance with ULaw policies and procedures
- Assist with the classing and enrolment of students at peak times of year such as the start of term and the elective term
- Student Engagement - Co-ordination and organisation of a wide range of student engagement activities throughout the year, across a range of media including social media platforms, student facing feedback forums, video, and printed publications
- To assist the Academic and Campus management team with the organisation and advertisement of extra curriculum activities
- To participate in student-staff liaison meetings
- Assist with the collection and accurate recording of usage information and statistics
- Actively take responsibility for your own personal career development in all respects
- Participate in training to maintain and update knowledge as required for the post
Through active networking and research, develop an awareness and knowledge of the legal education market.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Student Office Manager, Assistant Manager, and the Head of Campus Services or other ECMT members from time to time.
The Student Office is open between 08:30-18:30 and your regular working pattern will be between these times. There is some flexibility regarding the hours. This position requires attendance in the office 5 days a week. At times the post holder may be required to work beyond the core hours to complete work and to meet the demand of the role/ department and wider business professionals’ team, however this is extremely rare.
Employment is subject to satisfactory DBS clearance.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to discuss the possibility of a permanent, substantive role at the University (if appropriate for both the apprentice and the employer).
The campus is situated within walking distance from the mainline and tube stations.
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good IT skills - knowledge of Word, Excel, and databases
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Self-motivated team player
- Conscientious and committed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resilient and welcoming of change
- Able to deal calmly with difficult situations
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Resilient and welcoming of change
Good standard of general education, GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)