What will the apprentice be doing?
- Test and inspect new installations, issue certificates and initial insertion of cut-out fuse
- Install electrical equipment and wire only
- Terminate and joint cables
- Routine general electrical maintenance
- Diagnose fault on equipment and replace faulty components
- Locating faults on underground cables
- Visual inspection: optical, structural and electrical
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We offer a comprehensive training programme in Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance with the opportunity of completing a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in electrical installation and maintenance. This apprenticeship will last for 4 years and is for candidates who would enjoy working on various Street Lighting Installations and maintenance as part of a small team. The structured training programme combines on site experience and attending a local college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade Grades 9-4 or A-C) Essential