The Stores Administrator Apprentice will be based in the administration office located in Curdridge, Southampton and will assist the stores team to manage and control the parts requirements for the engineers. In addition, it will be necessary to ensure all parts records are updated. Other duties include:
- Use of several different computer packages and web-based systems. The engineers are controlled and managed using electronic documents managed on a specialised web-based platform and use of this would be fundamental to the operation of the role.
- Use of ‘Word’ and ‘Excel’ to process documentation within the administration office.
- Communication via email and telephone; handling phone messages accurately.
- General office duties such as copying, scanning, filing and faxing.
There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. 3 previous apprentices have progressed into full-time roles.
- There is no uniform provided and casual clothing is acceptable.
- The office environment can become affected by general dirt from the workshop environment and therefore clothing should be selected on the basis that it may become dirty.
- Please note that the office is difficult to access via public transport; the nearest train station is Botley.
- Assistance with travel costs may be available for the suitable candidate.
- Brand new computer system recently installed.
- Potential future earnings up to £18,000.
- 21 day paid holidays in addition to Bank Holidays.
- PSR have previously recruited several administrative apprentices who continue to work for the Company.
- There is a rest area provided with free tea and coffee, but there are no catering facilities on site.
It is essential that the Stores Administrator Apprentice is computer literate, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Other essential qualities include:
- Good legible handwriting; ability to complete forms and documents.
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to liaise effectively with other staff and suppliers.
- A pleasant telephone manner and the ability to speak clearly.
- The ability to organise and plan work would be a distinct advantage.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience of web-based computer applications.
- Experience working in a customer service or office based role.
- GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C / 4 are required (or equivalent)
- A business qualification
- An ICT / computing qualification
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.