** To be considered for this role you must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting. **
As an Apprentice Store Manager your first 6-12 months will be in the same store before we look for you to take responsibility for your own store.
Let's be honest - supporting a Store Manager in Iceland is tough. When they are on a day off or on holiday it's down to you! You are the managing director of your own little - or big - business. Imagine it is your name above the door. There's a lot of hands-on work. We need you to lead by example and get 'stuck in'. You will be rewarded and highly valued for great performance.
Once a suitable Store Manager role presents itself you then have the grounding to run your own store.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with leadership and management experience to build a career with one of Britain's fastest growing, and most innovative retailers whilst working towards their Retail Management Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Salary - £24,000
On successful completion of the 12-month Apprenticeship Scheme your salary will increase to a minimum of £28,000
Day to day duties:
- Conduct weekly analysis on store sales and operations to identify areas of focus
- Drive sales through all available channels and marketing in store
- Continuously improve customer service in store with defined actions to improve
- Adherence and correct implementation of processes, policies and procedures in store
- Ongoing cost control to deliver all financial targets & drive company initiatives
- Manages team performance effectively
- Actively drives store talent programmes and internal development into management roles
- Takes ownership of implementing business decisions and effectively communicates them to the team
- Regularly checks that customers are happy, challenging performance where appropriate
- Enables the team to work at their best by monitoring, coaching, providing feedback, problem solving and communicating with pace and urgency
- Manages the team's performance and drives results by leading the team
- Seeks and takes action on feedback from others to drive personal development and business performance
- Knows how they affect others and leads from the front as a company role model
- Presents change in a positive manner, ensuring everyone in the team understands what is expected of them
- Develops effective business networks to have influential relationships with managers, peers and customers
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Discount Card
- Childcare Scheme
- Iceland Spend & Save, discounts at thousands of the country's top retailers online
Full-time role as an Iceland Store Manager.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- You must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting
Iceland are looking for candidates who:
- Have the drive and ambition to lead and manage a busy and successful store
- Take pride in themselves, their team and Iceland
- Provides focus to deliver what is required for the customer and Iceland
- Shares and encourages positivity in their team whilst knowing the reality of the current situation
- Drives pace and urgency in themselves and others
No qualifications needed.
- Retail Management Level 4