What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out store opening & closing duties
- Ensure required levels of customer service are delivered
- Follow procedures for cash handling, safety & security
- Provide quality beverages & food products, adhering to recipe standards
- Follow health & safety guidelines for all products
- Handle payment transactions safely & securely
- Assist with training new partners
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Create a positive learning environment, providing clear & respectful coaching & feedback
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice, you will work closely with management who will offer guidance on tasks and goals you will be expected to achieve. You may be involved in supporting and developing other team members while monitoring resources and workload on a day to day basis. You will learn about different leadership styles and ways to support and develop other people in the team to improve their performance. You will learn about managing people and how to deliver both positive and constructive feedback to your team,. You will learn about managing conflict, whether that be with colleagues, customers or clients and you will develop your personal attitudes and behaviours to help when leading a team. As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 2
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are plenty of opportunities for progression within Starbucks. They provide great opportunities for partners looking for long term development and these apprenticeships are genuine career opportunities.
Reality CheckCan you get to work for a shift starting at 5 am (check the transport/parking!) Are you willing and able to commit to the duration of the apprenticeship (13 months)? Can you manage the salary? Do you want a career in hospitality?
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredOther English (Grade 2) Desired