Remit are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Starbucks at their Camberley (GU15 3YN) store for people to join their team as a Shift Supervisor. You will undertake a Team Leader Level 3 apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Starbucks partner, contributing to their success by providing legendary customer service to all customers.
As the Shift Supervisor you will be assisting the Store Manager in carrying out store operations during your scheduled shifts. You'll be ensuring that the partners on shift can create and maintain the Starbuck Experience.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out store operations during shifts, including organising opening and closing duties
- Ensuring that baristas are delivering the required levels of customer service
- Follow operational policies and procedures for cash handling, safety and security to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift
- Providing quality beverages and food products for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Handle cash and other payment transactions safely and securely
- Assist with training new partners by reinforcing successful performance and encouragement as needed. Give feedback to the Store Manager during the shift
- Contribute to a positive team environment by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Create a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance
There are lots of benefits to being a Starbuck partner, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 28 days holiday (pro-rated depending on working hours includes the 3 bank holidays they are contractually entitled to)
- 50% off food during working hours
- Partner beverage while on shift
- 30% off anything after work
- Free bag of coffee or box of tea every week for you to enjoy at home
- Starbucks shares
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced sickness, maternity, and paternity leave
- A range of discounted benefits on high street vouchers, travel insurance, reductions on theatre tickets and entertainments, childcare vouchers and much more
- Opportunity to be involved in local community projects
- Continuous development and professional training
Interviews will include a competency-based interview and short role-play around customer service and sales.
Uniform will be provided.
There are plenty of opportunities for progression within Starbucks. They provide great opportunities for partners looking for long term development and these apprenticeships are genuine career opportunities.
Can you get to work for a shift starting at 5 am (check the transport/parking!)
Are you willing and able to commit to the duration of the apprenticeship (13 months)?
Can you manage the salary?
Do you want a career in hospitality?
- You will be a great team player with the ability to work at speed and under pressure
- You will need to be passionate about the Starbucks brand and capable of delivering great customer service
- You will be able to follow store operating policies and standards
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced customer facing role
- Experience of delegating tasks to employees and co-ordinating their tasks
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willing to learn
- Happy to work unsociable hours on a regular basis
As an apprentice, you will work closely with management who will offer guidance on tasks and goals you will be expected to achieve. You may be involved in supporting and developing other team members while monitoring resources and workload on a day to day basis. You will learn about different leadership styles and ways to support and develop other people in the team to improve their performance.
You will learn about managing people and how to deliver both positive and constructive feedback to your team. You will learn about managing conflict, whether that be with colleagues, customers or clients and you will develop your personal attitudes and behaviours to help when leading a team.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Advanced Team Leader or Supervisor Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 2