Remit are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Starbucks at their Taplow (SL6 0QH) store for people to join their team as a Barista. You will undertake a Hospitality Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship. This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Starbucks partner, contributing to their success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for customers by providing them with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
Your duties will include:
- Providing quality beverages and food products for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Handle cash and other payment transactions safely and securely
- Assist with training new partners by reinforcing successful performance and encouragement as needed
- Contribute to a positive team environment
There are lots of benefits to being a Starbuck partner, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 28 days holiday (pro-rated depending on working hours includes the 3 bank holidays they are contractually entitled to)
- 50% off food during working hours
- Partner beverage while on shift
- 30% off anything after work
- Free bag of coffee or box of tea every week for you to enjoy at home
- Starbucks shares
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced sickness, maternity, and paternity leave
- A range of discounted benefits on high street vouchers, travel insurance, reductions on theatre tickets and entertainments, childcare vouchers and much more
- Opportunity to be involved in local community projects
- Continuous development and professional training
Interviews will include a competency-based interview and short role-play around customer service and sales.
Uniform will be provided.
There are plenty of opportunities for progression within Starbucks. They provide great opportunities for partners looking for long term development and these apprenticeship are genuine career opportunities.
Can you get to work for a shift starting at 6 am (check the transport/parking!)
Are you willing and able to commit to the duration of the apprenticeship (13 months)?
Can you manage the salary?
You will be a great team player with the ability to work at speed and under pressure. You will need to be passionate about the Starbucks brand and capable of delivering great customer service.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willing to learn
- Happy to work unsociable hours on a regular basis
Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience. You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Intermediate Hospitality Team Member Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2