What will the apprentice be doing?
Reviewing a large range of contractual documents - including terms of business, non-disclosure agreements, framework agreements, licences, and supplier contracts.
- Drafting new forms of Agreement as required.
- Providing support to internal clients through contract review and written advice.
- Ensuring that internal policies are followed.
- Informing internal clients about relevant areas of law that impact their work.
- Analysing potential disputes and advising on mitigation steps.
- Supporting with merger and acquisitions.
- Supporting internal legal training programmes.
The role will be based out of the Melbourn Office (near Royston, Hertfordshire), although some travel to our London (Victoria) office may be required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Solicitor apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Solicitor Level 7 Apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you to be awarded with the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
Your Level 7 apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face from BPP [alongside our award-winning internal training]. Coupled with the on-the-job learning, completion of the apprenticeship will lead to obtaining your solicitor qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking for a candidate to train with us and stay with PA beyond qualification. After qualification there will be opportunities to develop your career at PA following the PA Career Pathway.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Microsoft 365
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Any inc Maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A-levels (Grade C and above) Essential
Other Law Degree (Grade 2.2 or above) Essential