What will the apprentice be doing?
A typical day
- Receive requirements and ensure they are clear, precise and sufficient to begin testing
- Work with the business and development teams to clarify any unclear requirements
- Design application software and software interfaces to meet requirements
- Build, develop and configure application software and interfaces to meet test requirements based on agreed acceptance criteria
- Execute unit testing, functional testing and integration testing.
- Drive and support user acceptance testing through knowledge transfer and bug fixing
- Carry out responsible release management upon receipt of sign-off
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence and Trello for scrum activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Software Engineer Level 4
Being a Multiverse apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
As part of your Multiverse apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to help you develop the 6 key competencies: well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
Skills RequiredProblem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Reliable
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9/C-A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9/C-A*) Essential