We are looking for a technically savvy and resourceful apprentice to join the innovative and exciting world of software development, working within a great team, within their lovely office environment.
About the Company:
Our client, based in Redditch, is one of the countrys leading providers of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) production control software for the entire manufacturing sector. With over 25 years experience and worldwide presence, they have developed capacity planning software made by manufacturing professionals for manufacturing professionals, across all types of manufacturing industries.
They work alongside many software providers and these partnerships help enhance the solutions they provide, ranging from 3D modelling software to CRM and CAD CAM to packages.
As a Level 3 Software Developer Apprentice, you will be undertaking a recognised apprenticeship qualification including Microsoft certifications, at the same time as working as part of the companys software development team.
You will work as part of the team to learn about the latest technologies the company uses to deliver what they need. You will be assisting with projects and gaining on the job knowledge whilst gaining a qualification.
Your main role and responsibilities will include:
- Providing Software support for Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Providing support with software installations
- Becoming a valued part of the Software Development team
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilise the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
A full time permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will have a keen interest in IT and software development
- Have excellent communication skills
- You will be highly organised
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who is not afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You will have gained a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in IT or have some practical experience with software, coding and programming.
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. The Software Developer (Level 3) apprenticeship contains the following knowledge modules and Microsoft Technological Associate (MTA) certifications:
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- MTA Software Development Fundamentals (C#)
- MTA Database Fundamentals
These qualifications are globally recognised industry certifications and form the significant building block of software development knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in software development.