Who you’ll be working for:
Beal Davis Software has been trading since 1978, supplying electronic control software for Industry. The Company has developed to accommodate a wider range of industry sectors, which currently include; manufacturing, container depot, sales and leasing and retail, amongst others. We also take pride in designing, writing and supporting management information systems.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you complete a Software Developer - Level 4 Apprenticeship.
What’s in it for you:
The successful applicant will receive training in our application software and will gain experience of providing support and developing new application software features for a major client.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing on-site first line software support
- Writing new software features and functions
- Once trained, you will spend 3 days a week on customer site
You will need the following skills:
- Basic coding knowledge
- Basic IT knowledge
- A driving licence
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Customer care
- Good problem solver
- Number and analytic skills
- Team player
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
£15,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.