What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplined team, working in the cutting-edge IT Automation market, primarily focusing on two main functions:
- Cortex Product Support
- Internal Infrastructure Support
Joining the Cortex team as an Apprentice Software & IT Support Engineer, you will undertake a rigorous programme of training that will teach you how to manage the following responsibilities:
- Manage Cases through an (ITIL) lifecycle via our dedicated Service Portal
- Certify in Cortex Product to become a product expert
- Learn and practice Cortex Support processes to Triage, analyse, investigate, solve cases
- Contribute and build our support and knowledge base
- Pro-active Monitoring and maintenance activities
- Manage Cortex Licencing to ensure our clients remain properly licensed
- Manage our Cortex Online Training Centre to ensure delegates have access to the latest available training
- Network Management managing our various networks with an estate of switches routers and firewalls
- Server Management looking after our Windows Server focused hardware estate
- Workstation support for a busy office and remote workforce (Windows 10)
- Cloud computing including Microsoft 365, Azure and other major cloud vendors
- Virtualisation Management managing both VMWare ESXI & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Line of Business Application support including Workforce Management and Finance suites.
- IT System Administration and request fulfilment managing, Active Directory, backups asset inventory etc.
- Office and Facilities Management function to ensure the business runs smoothly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Apprentice Software & IT Support Engineer, you will be studying towards a level 3 ICT Support Technician apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is 22 months in length and will involve ongoing onsite training at Cortex combined with 25 days of off the job training at the PETA training centre in Cosham.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Candidates can expect to develop a wide variety of skills and knowledge as a second line Support Engineer which touch on all aspects of modern complex IT solutions.
There will be an opportunity to progress to a full-time permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship on successful completion.
Reality CheckBenefits: 20 days holiday including 8 Bank holiday. Excellent working conditions with designated relaxation areas. Progression opportunity. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Enthusiastic, Passion for all things IT, Adaptable, Able to prioritise, Talented, Keen to learn new skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
BTEC or equivalent IT related subject (Grade Pass or above) Desired