What will the apprentice be doing?
Cortex allows users to orchestrate and automate their own business and IT processes using a graphical flow engine. The support team ensures the product meets client’s needs and delivers on a huge range of diverse applications.
The ServiceDesk sits at the heart of managing the support to our customer base of certified customer engineers; whether they be external customers, partners or internal clients within Cortex, our team covers the globe.
The Apprentice’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage Cases through an (ITIL) lifecycle via our dedicated Service Portal
- Train & Certify in the Cortex Product, to best support our clients
- Learn and practice Cortex Support processes to triage, analyse, investigate, solve cases
- Contribute and build our support and knowledge base
- Pro-active monitoring and maintenance activities
- Manage Cortex licencing to ensure our clients remain properly licensed
- Manage our Cortex Online Training Centre to ensure delegates have access to the latest available training
- Network management managing our various networks with an estate of switches routers and firewalls
- Server management looking after our Windows Server focused hardware estate
- Workstation support for a busy office and remote workforce (Windows 10)
- Cloud computing including Microsoft 365, Azure and other major cloud vendors
- Virtualisation management managing both VMWare ESXI & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Line of Business Application support including Workforce Management and Finance suites
- IT System administration and request fulfilment managing, active directory, backups asset inventory etc.
- Office and facilities management function to ensure the business runs smoothly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 ICT support technician apprenticeship standard. The duration of the apprenticeship is 22 months which includes 17 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Candidates can expect to develop a wide variety of skills and knowledge as a second line Support Engineer which touch on all aspects of modern complex IT solutions. We encourage personal development through vendor qualifications, alongside additional learning opportunities.
There will be an opportunity to progress to a full-time permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship on successful completion.
Reality CheckBenefits: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. We encourage personal development through vendor qualifications, alongside additional learning opportunities. Employee Perks scheme with discounts and special offers via Perk box. Free breakfast, tea & fresh coffee machine, healthy eating program of free foods. Modern city centre office with amenities including a pool table, games consoles, shower facilities etc. Eligibility for private medical insurance. Holiday flex scheme. Active social committee with regular company sponsored events such as go karting, games nights and charity events. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Enthusiastic, Passion for all things IT, Adaptable, Able to prioritise, Talented, Keen to learn new skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
BTEC or equivalent IT related subject (Grade Pass or above) Desired