Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
A Software Engineering Degree apprenticeship involves the opportunity to work alongside experienced and world leading software engineers. It includes spending, typically, two days a week at College/University, where you can acquire a full Honours Degree, and three days working, enhancing the skills necessary to develop a long career in the industry.
You will learn how to be a rounded software engineer capable of writing requirements, designs, software code and tests. The work placement element of the course involves a wide range of activities for example: developing and testing aircraft displays, producing ground based equipment or the latest training simulators.
There will be plenty of opportunity to develop the skills and behaviours necessary for a fulfilling career in software engineering.
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- None specified
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work – we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field
- We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
- 5 GCSEs A*-C or 9-4 (or equivalent) including mathematics, English and Science
- 96 UCAS Tariff Points (240 points old tariff) (or equivalent) including two STEM based subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and mathematics)
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship scheme will provide you with the opportunity to gain the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
- Level 6 Degree
- The type of degree you qualify in will vary based on your home site
- Final certification of the Aerospace Software Development Engineer Apprenticeship Standard by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Whilst working full-time you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.