As part of this programme, you will join the Luton Software Engineering community which is home to the Electronic Warfare (EW) and Major Air Programmes (MAP) lines of business. A world leader in electronic systems, our advanced technology is defining the next generation of products for both manned and unmanned aircraft platforms, including airborne radars and sensors, protection and countermeasure systems and integrated mission systems:
- Cutting-edge - you could be developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made or be involved in creating the next generation of Leonardo products
- Innovative - you will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Leonardo's £200m annual investment in research and development
- Challenging - you will push the boundaries of innovation, technology and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems
Involved in all phases of the software engineering lifecycle, you will be exposed to the latest tools, technologies and processes and have the opportunity to influence the future path of software development within Leonardo. This could be developing real-time embedded software on a complex aircraft protection system, creating sophisticated analysis and support tools running in a PC desktop environment or contributing ideas to innovate the next generation of products.
Alongside this, you will also study with one of our partner universities towards achievement of BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline, through a mixture of work- based learning, distance learning and day release at university. On completion, you should have met the requirements for Incorporated Engineer as part of the way to gaining Chartered Engineer status.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving.
We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover
- Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
- Please note,that in order to apply for this opportunity, you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
- Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select App degree STEM.
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
Please note, that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
- 3 x A levels (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Mandatory: mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
- 5 GCSE grades 9-4 or grades A*-C or equivalent
- Mandatory: English Language, maths and a science subject Plus 2 subjects
N.B. If the applicant has no ‘A levels’ but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering, we will accept the application, with the caveat around attending the maths bridging course which is: “Based on your existing mathematics qualifications, it may be required that you attend one of our universities maths Bridging Courses, which aims to ease the transition between college and university mathematics. The maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree. Each application will be considered individually in consultation with our partnering university.”
Manufacturing Engineer standard.
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers.
BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.