Software Engineering Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
During this four-year Degree Apprenticeship, you will develop an appreciation for managing and monitoring systems and infrastructure to support across the business and its customers. As part of the Degree Apprenticeship, some of the placements will also include working at sites in New Malden and Broad Oak.
What Does The Apprenticeship Involve?
You will be trained to take responsibility for the development, installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems across the business whilst ensuring the highest level of quality and service. Alongside this, you will study for a degree that will grow your knowledge and competence around the technologies used in your placements.
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- None specified
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work – we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 and above including English, maths & double science or equivalent qualification
- A Level in maths plus one other Science or Technology subject (grade C/4 or above) or an Extended BTEC National Diploma - DMM profile in an Engineering or computer discipline (Merit or above) which must include the Level 3 mathematics for IT module
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards an Level 6 Digital and Technology solutions Professional.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.