Duties will include:
- Develop in Clojure & Java for our server side
- Build out an improved front end using TypeScript and React
- Help to build out enhanced monitoring and support tools
- Work together with Front Office end users to develop new features
- Participate in Daily Sprint meetings where we resolve issues and questions from the team
- Our team releases 2 times a week and we are pushing towards a continuous Delivery Model
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
- An interest in investing and finance
- A data oriented mind-set and strong attention to detail
- A high-level of initiative and self-motivation
- A team player and able to work under pressure
- An ability to build and maintain relationships within the team
- An ability to self manage daily responsibilities
- A desire to work on globally distributed and resilient system
- A desire to work on large scale real-time data processing problems
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Three months' prior coding experience
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 4 Software Developer (SWE4) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.