We have a great opportunity for an aspiring Software Engineer Apprentice to join a team who are working on developing new automations and systems. Blue Engineering is an award-winning structural engineering firm with a nationally acclaimed Apprenticeship program.
The Digital & Technology Solutions Professional Apprenticeship -Software Engineer Pathway with London South Bank University (LSBU) typically takes 4 years, and you receive a BSc degree on successful completion.
You will be responsible for creating automations under direction from both technical and non-technical staff. The difficulty of the job will come from understanding the real-world problem and translating it into efficient code and process flows using the Microsoft Power Platform and the Office 365 Business package, including SharePoint (no prior knowledge necessary).
You will be working in an office environment. You will also be developing your abilities to communicate effectively with senior staff. A typical day would be as follows:
- Join a group meeting to discuss the operations of the business
- Work on Power Automate to code the latest improvements we want
- Troubleshoot, maintain and update existing flows
- Maintain the hardware in the office, including server and staff computers
- Send an update on your progress for the day
This is primarily an office-based role working at a desk using a computer for most of the day.
- Some travel around London may be required to attend site visits
- This is primarily an office-based role working at a desk using a computer for most of the day drawing up projects. There will also be site visits to your projects. Most site visits are pre-construction however, some live site visits will be required. Therefore, completion of a CSCS test is necessary if your application is successful
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Comfortable with computers, having fixed/upgraded/or even built your own hardware
- Enjoys writing code (either as a hobby or at school) (extensive coding knowledge is not required)
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Attention to detail
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be a strong team player
- Be able to manage their time well
- Be creative and interested in buildings and how they work
- Communicate with confidence
- Use initiative and be proactive
- A Level BCC or
- * BTEC National Diploma DMM or
- Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- Degree (Level 6) Digital & Technology Solutions Professional Apprenticeship - Software Engineer Pathway