Your roles and responsibilities may include:
- Being involved in Web and Software developing
- Research, develop & test software code
- Write working code for simple & Complex software components
- Using a range of communication methods to explain the function of a software
- Apply tools and techniques to solve programming problems
- Code in different languages but mainly WordPress
- Maintain and test software systems
- Writing code for different programs with a team
We Are Ghost is a design agency that inspires unique ways of thinking for businesses. More than just an East Midlands design agency, We Are Ghost can help define a new brand or product or collaborate to develop that marketing strategy - no matter how large or small the project we will make it a success!
Career in Software Development.
Can you travel to the site in Burton-upon-Trent? Are you willing to commit to the 15 month long course?
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge of coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling, etc) and some basic software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client, and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
5 GCSE or equivalents at grades 4 or above (C) including maths and English
A Software Development Technician is typically working as part of a team that builds simple software components for web, mobile or desktop applications, as part of larger software development projects. This apprenticeship will help you to interpret design requirements for discrete components of the project, typically implementing code, which other team members have developed, to produce the required component before testing that this component meets its intended functionality.
On successful completion, apprentices can apply for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians.
Apprentices must achieve each of the Ofqual-regulated Knowledge Modules, as summarised below.
- Software Development Context and Methodologies (for level 3 Software Development Technician)Knowledge Module
- Programming (for level 3 Software Development Technician)