What will the apprentice be doing?
You will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for clients.
Your duties will include:
- Attend discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
- Attend and input into development team meetings
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Assist the testing team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Content administration – Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Software Development training is provided through The Coders Guild Ltd, an industry-rated training provider. The training and curriculum is overseen by, and delivered by our team of industry experts.
For the foreseeable future, training will be predominantly online learning, with some in-person workshops where applicable. Training sessions take place online once a week for the first 3 months, then twice monthly thereafter. We also advocate challenge-based learning - setting problems to be solved through code.
Wherever possible training is learner-led, we seek to make learning an enjoyable and involving experience. We are keen to help and support people to start their web development career.
This apprenticeship is designed to train someone to become a junior Software Developer in 18 months.
Developing core skills is also extremely important, group training will often focus on teamwork and improving abilities around problem solving, prioritisation, estimation - skills we have identified that make a good web developer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a top growth and ever-changing industry, you will have gained the knowledge and experience to progress with your career into Senior Dev positions or other specialisms in the industry.
Reality CheckFirst interviews may be online/phone and successful candidates may be given some online learning resources to work through before attending the second interview.
Skills RequiredInterest in tech, Using online materials, Problem solving, Enthusiastic attitude, Professional attitude, Committed to learning, Punctual, Reliable, Honest, Strong work ethic, Team work, Be able to work on own, Work to deadlines, Passionate about development, Self-motivated, Driven to succeed
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired