Software Development Apprentice - 19228
- Develop and implement changes to existing code based on specification and brief
- Develop new code to operate with the existing code and functions
- Develop completely new functionality based on specification and brief
Software support and testing:
- Resolve customer support, understand their problem, and resolve it for them
- Design and develop program enhancements to resolve future repeat issues and bugs
The apprentice will be able considered as a real team member and they will be able to make a real impact in the company in terms of development projects.
After completing the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be offered a permanent position, if we are the right fit for each other.
Company perks and benefits:
- In-house one-to-one training with strong internal company documentation
- A flexible and collaborative environment
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Front end technologies such as Angular and Typescript
- Jira, Bitbucket, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- ASP.NET Core
We will take the following in Consideration:
- Experience in object-oriented programming using C#
- Microsoft SQL Server (with Entity Framework)
- Good experience of the .NET framework Standard and Core
- A solid understanding of web technologies and techniques
- Agile development methodologies
- CI/CD technologies
- Strong leadership skills with a desire to develop and mentor future junior staff
- Strong Documentation skills
- Testing experience with front end and Test-driven development practises
Key technical skills:
- Experience in working with the .NET framework, MVC, C#, Web API
- Knowledge of the .NET Stack, SQL Server, MVC, ORM and database design
- Experience in working with Cloud technology, either Azure or AWS
- Team player
- Sense of initiative
- Keen attention for detail
7 GCSE’s total:
- English GCSE or equivalent at grade D/3 or above
- 6x GCSEs, including maths or equivalent at grade A-C/7-4
As well as:
- Successfully completed a Level 3 Software apprenticeship with QA
- A matching qualification from another training provider
- BTEC Extended diploma in Software
- BTEC Extended diploma in IT depending on the modules
- Level 4 - Software developer standard
- Functional Skills if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.