What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Following clearly defined requirements to deliver software development products.
- Writing logical and maintainable software solutions in line with given specifications to meet design requirements and organisational coding standards.
- Applying security principles and practice to the software development tasks assigned.
- Taking the non-functional requirements of maintenance, performance and user experience into account alongside functional requirements.
- Communicating outcomes from development activities to team members and other stakeholders.
- Providing support throughout the development lifecycle, including user acceptance testing and final release to production.
- Contributing to testing of the end-to-end software solution to ensure a high-quality output.
- Following the company development processes including management of source control, software testing and software release processes.
- Practicing continuous guided self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship?
QA’s Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship develops digital skills and provide the technical grounding needed to become a well-rounded, entry-level programmer.
Software Development Technicians work as part of a software development team to build simple software components on web, mobile or desktop apps to be used by other members of the team as part of larger software development projects.
QA’s Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Interpret simple design requirements for discrete components of a project under supervision
- Implement code which other team members have developed to produce required components
Gain the following qualifications upon successful completion of the Software Development Technician Level 3 programme:
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- BCS Certificate in Systems Development Context and Methodologies
- BCS Certificate in Programming
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time employment available on completion of the apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Ability to work under pressure, Commercial awareness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x5 (Grade C (4+) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade D (3+) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C (4+) or above) Essential