What will the apprentice be doing?
- Developing customisations or enhancements to our core products, specifically in the product configuration and sales automation
- Analyse customer requirements, then design, develop and test solutions or enhancements to Cincom’s products to suit the customer’s needs. The candidate will be involved in all phases of a project development lifecycle from discussion of requirements with customers through to project closure.
- Investigating and recording complex problems using Root Cause Analysis.
- Developing fixes to defects for non-standard products (extensions and interfaces)
- Liaising with Consulting Services, Support, Product Management and Engineering for the resolution of product defects.
- Jointly with the customer and other Cincom personnel, investigating performance issues and developing resolutions
- Application Management
- Adhere to agreed change control processes on customer environments
- Applying product patches and service packs
- Managing the Cincom solution including checking error logs, and taking appropriate action
- Documenting customer specific support and application management processes
- Design, development, testing and implementing of customer extensions, as required by the customer
- Documenting customer interactions in Cincom support systems.
- Providing status updates to customers and involved Cincom personnel.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advance skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Learners will also gain an understanding on advanced programming, systems and software development projects.
Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA’s Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems.
- Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development.
- Develop more advanced applications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We have a flexible career strategy that allows Apprentices to progress as a developer through the grades, to take on leadership roles, to move into a more customer facing role as a consultant or pre-sales consultant or to move into a pure product engineering role with our engineering group.
The natural progression following successful completion of the apprenticeship programme would initially be to the position of Associate Analyst/Programmer.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Interpersonal skills, Working under pressure
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent STEM subject (Grade Any) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Any) Desired
Other Software Apprenticeship (Grade Level 3) Desired