Main role / Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and maintenance of Websites, Web Based applications and Web Services
- Understanding requirements from client/specifications and identifying concepts within the system
- Structured Testing of systems
- Provide assistance to the Customer Support Team
- Provide first line Customer Support where required
Opportunity to gain a full-time role upon successful completion of the programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The successful applicant will ideally have some knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming techniques
- Understanding how to organise a system in terms of UI/Core System/Database etc. – MVC style
- HTML / CSS
Having experience with the following is useful, but not essential:
- Other technologies helpful (e.g. Visual Basic, C#)
- Knowledge of WordPress/open source systems
- Knowledge of Mobile app development
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C 9/4 including maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Software Development Technician
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre, with the other 9% is done in the workplace, (20% off the job training ) through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio
- The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity