Software developers are the technical innovators behind the scenes developing systems that can be modified and used to meet the specific requirements of our artists. They design digital tools that fit into the current pipeline and ensure a smooth flow of information and data between departments.
The developers are required to research, design and create new solutions to enable artists to complete their work in an efficient manner. This apprenticeship position is an entry-level role introducing you to all aspects of software development within the CG animation and VFX industry, from R&D, design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Test and debug tools and processes to ensure stability as well as provided direct support to the Jellyfish artists
- To use programming skills to assist with the development of various tools for the current pipeline
- To digest and analyse technical and artistic problems and help create solutions to solve them
- To be the first point of contact for various departments with basic pipeline queries
- To research and develop new processes to reduce artists work time
- Ensure tools and processes meet pipeline standards and security
- To help with educating artists and production staff about processes and tools
L4 Software Developer.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Great verbal & written communication skills with a focus on being able to take constructive feedback, follow technical instructions and relay technical information to non-technical people
- A strong interest in programming and development within the CG Animation and VFX industry
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Experience with software used for creating digital artwork e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, 3dsMax, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- An understanding of CG animation and VFX production methods and practices
- A keenness for problem-solving and overcoming technical challenges with a “can-do” attitude
- An ability to work independently and find self-directed solutions, but also within a team to collaborate on problems and work together to achieve a resolution
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action. You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in maths and English.
- L3 Software Development Technician