Roles & responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ability to analyse a development requirement and develop a practical solution
- Production of specification documentation
- Manage own workload and meeting deadlines
- Testing, support and ongoing maintenance of developed code
- Liaising with clients both verbally and electronically to assess their exact development requirements a provide the correct solution to their needs
Potential job progression opportunities upon completion of this apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in coding including use of learning websites e.g. Code Academy
- Eager to begin a career in software
- Confident and proficient telephone manner
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Software Development Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)