We place a strong emphasis on creating amazing content for our clients, and believe social isn’t about selling but building a real connection between fan and brand by tapping into audience culture.
We’re looking for a proactive, passionate and enthusiastic apprentice who has a clear love for all things social media and music to join our team whilst gaining a qualification.
Alongside completing your apprenticeship course, you will be assisting our social media department with our 20+ music orientated client roster, as well as receiving rigorous in-house social media training with the view of eventually joining us as a social media specialist full time in the future!
- Successfully studying and passing Hype Lab’s market leading social media training course geared towards the music industry
- Receiving direction and coaching from the social media department on a range of tasks across our entire client roster, from briefing content ideas, to monitoring performance of client profiles, to reporting and much more
- Support in content calendar & copy creation across our client roster
- Channel management across a significant portion of our client roster
- Opportunity to be exposed to and support colleagues with projects from industry leading artists, labels & artist management teams
- Carrying out miscellaneous administrative duties from time to time to support the company & social media department in being as efficient as possible as a unit
Exciting news, we would like to make this role permanent once the apprenticeship is complete!
This is a WORKING FROM HOME role initially - There will be opportunities to meet with fellow colleagues for team meetings within remote and shared work spaces. Longer term, we will visit the potential of moving to a fixed office in 2021. Both qualification and employment are inclusive of each other. You will need to demonstrate excellent levels of commitment to both the qualification and job role.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding & interest in key social media platforms and how artists can utilise them effectively to achieve their goals
- An understanding of what good social content is, what good social strategy is and the skill to utilise insights and data from key platforms is an advantage but not a requirement
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Convey a clear, demonstrated passion for the UK music scene as an avid listener
- All genres and tastes welcome
- Showcase a knowledge and interest in the UK music industry
- Must be an avid user of social media
Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a government requirement.
- In-house training
- Level 3 - Digital Marketing Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required