An apprenticeship with Choice Care Group will be not only a meaningful, active and rewarding job, but a possible new career as well and the opportunity to work with a fun, dedicated team.
Choice Care Group is looking to appoint a Health and Social Care Apprentice to work in one of our homes. The successful candidate will work towards achieving a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Applicants should be at least 16 years old and not in full time education. By the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have gained new skills and experience.
If you're new to adult social care, then an Apprenticeship is one of the best ways to get into the sector and start your career. You'll work alongside experienced staff and learn the skills and knowledge required for you to be a skilled and confident worker.
As an Apprentice you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health disorders and complex needs in a residential care environment, providing a high standard of care and support.
- Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
- Delivery of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
- Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
- Contribute to the individualised person centred care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
- Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
- Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
Ongoing training and support available.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Team Working skills
- Have adaptability and flexibility skills
- Have a positive attitude.
- To be professional at all times
- It is essential to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry
No qualifications required and full training given.
- Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Function Skills in maths and English