Shipping may be the means to the transportation of goods, but the meaning of shipping is not only transport.
The Shipping Administrator will be part of a team within the department responsible for direct interaction with internal and external customers. Required proactive customer service, problem solving, customer follow up, interaction with colleagues in all departments are equally important, ensuring that our department have all of the necessary information (including systematic information) to be able to execute shipments.
Attributes Required: Good Team player and able to work on own initiative / Problem solving skills / Good interpersonal skills / Flexibility / Adaptable Good Time Management skills / Thoroughness / Ability to Learn
Department duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and process all aspects of export documentation from dispatch to shipping of the goods.
- To prepare the necessary paperwork for various courier, freight and shipping services. Including Invoices.
- To process all EU & WW export dispatches
- To carry out all necessary Filing on the internal system
- To raise and submit EU / WW export & Import freight quotations when required via Air / Road / Sea
- To arrange all Imports shipments of UK / WW / EU
- To Track and update internal system of all Import shipments
- To Chase all EU & WW COS / Customs Documents
- To Raise Consular documentation when required.
- To arrange Same day & Next day collections for UK shipments when required
- Checking & coding AP Invoices
- Other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time by company managers, including delegated duties during the absence of colleague.
Full time position after successful completion of apprenticeship.
Duration of apprenticeship dependent on course requirements Small, Friendly company
- IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Teams and Outlook
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Good communicator
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy Eye for detail
- Ability to understand priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player
GCSE maths and English A*-C/4-9
22 days pro rata
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Apprenticeship Standard
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role