Shift Manager - JD Wetherspoon Advanced Apprenticeship
Wetherspoon J D
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Salary stated may include pub specific allowance and is therefore dependant on location offered
What’s in it for you?
At JD Wetherspoon our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our lifestyle aim offers employees a 42.5 hour working week, two consecutive days off plus a weekend off a month! Alongside this, we still offer a competitive salary for our Shift Managers increasing each time you complete one of our award-winning training programs.
All our managers also have the opportunity to earn up to 25% in bonus paid monthly plus additional benefits such as:
- Outstanding training and development
- Progression opportunities for you to run your own pub
- Free food whilst working
- 20% off of food, drink and hotel accommodation whilst not at work
- Paid Holiday
- Free Shares
Hospitality Management Level 4 Certificate – Apprenticeship Programme.
In addition to all of the above benefits, once passing your probation you will have the opportunity to work towards your Hospitality Management Level 4 Certificate. This is a 18 month course and will take place alongside your day to day duties within the workplace through our training provider Lifetime Training.
Upon completion of the Level 4 certificate there is an opportunity to complete a diploma in leisure retail management and go on to enrol on the Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship.
- At JD Wetherspoon we like to keep it simple, and our Shift Managers are critical in delivering our company standards in their pubs whilst keeping our customers as the number one priority
- You will have a big part to play and also be responsible for supporting your pub manager in the day-to-day running of the pub; and in turn we will offer you the opportunity to gain our own personal license as part of your training
- As a part of the management team you will have to work hard, manage daily tasks and keep our brilliant team members motivated
- You will need to ensure that the bar, kitchen, cellar, toilets, front and back of house are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Company guidelines throughout the day, adopting the Company's Clean As You Go (CAYG) philosophy Of course there will be a lot for you to learn but we are confident with the right attitude, commitment and training you will have the opportunity to succeed
We open our doors early in the morning and sometimes don't close them until late at night, so we offer great flexibility. Working for Wetherspoon is rewarding, and our teams our consistently maintaining our high standards and 5-star health and safety ratings but with the right attitude we know you can climb our career ladder even higher pretty quickly!
Progression onto a full-time position
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Customer focus
- Analysing and decision-making
- Managing performance
- Personal integrity
- Developing self and others
- Managing change
- Gaining commitment
- Motivated to complete Hospitality Management Level 4 Certificate and CPD
- Hospitality Management Level 4 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.