We are looking to train an apprentice in all aspects of sheet metal work, including machinery operation and welding. Our highly skilled team work to the same exacting standards whether fabricating in stainless steel, carbon steel or aluminium.
Tasks will include:
- Reading and working to engineering drawings
- TIG welding in steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- MIG welding in steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Use of hand tools to mark out, cut, drill and finish components
- Use of machines to cut and fold metal and to punch or drill holes
- Assembly of finished components
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, we hope the apprentice will have a full career within the company.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria.
Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage. The Bedford College Group reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
- A keen interest to learn and develop new skills and knowledge, with a particular focus on practical hands-on skills
- Willing to learn
- Able to work as part of a team
You will need a minimum of three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and/or a technical-based subject such as engineering or product design. IT skills may also be helpful as we do use CNC design + programming software.
- Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
- EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations