The role of a Vehicle Service Technician is to maintain, service and repair vehicles to a consistently high standard. Our dealers use some of the most advanced service equipment and techniques in the world making this a great time to start your career with Stellantis.
The below explanation is a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
Light Vehicle Service Technicians service and repair light vehicles such as cars up to 3.5 tonnes. Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features.
The duties of a Light Vehicle Service Technician may include:
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Advising the Service Receptionists about required repairs
- Producing time estimates
- Maintaining repair and service records
- There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding dealer network
- Your early development is carefully mapped through your apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification that's recognised across the motor industry
- This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles
- We welcome applications from everyone, appointment will be based on merit alone. Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability please state this during the application process
- Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and the apprenticeship journey
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Well organised and patient
- Comfortable with the use of up to date technology
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Problem solving
Prior attainment: GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths. Predicted grades are accepted.
- Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) standard level 3
- We will support you to gain your Functional Skills if you require them in maths and English
- All of our Apprentices are employed through the Dealer Network and attend weeklong block training at out state of the art Training Centre in Coventry
- Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced Coaches as well as Virtual Classroom sessions and E-Learning modules