Service Technician Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
CALEX UK LTD
We are still recruiting. Please note that the start of this apprenticeship may be delayed due to the coronavirus situation. If your application is progressed then you will hear from the recruitment team within 3 working days of your application and invited to participate in a phone interview. During this phone interview, we will provide further clarification with regards the anticipated programme commencement.
The role of a Vehicle Service Technician is to maintain, service and repair vehicles to a consistently high standard. Our dealers use some of the most advanced service equipment and techniques in the world making this a great time to start your career with Peugeot Citroen.
The Light Vehicle Service Technician role varies slightly by the employer, based upon the specific needs within the location. The below explanation is, therefore, a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
Light Vehicle Service Technicians service and repair light vehicles such as cars up to 3.5 tonnes. Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features.
The duties of a Light Vehicle Service Technician may include:
- Producing time estimates
- Maintaining repair and service records
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Advising the service receptionists about required repairs
- There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding dealer network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification that's recognised across the motor industry
- This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles
- We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group and appointment will be based on merit alone
- Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability please state this during the application process. Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and the apprenticeship journey
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Well organised and patient
- Comfortable with the use of up to date technology
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Problem solving
Prior attainment: GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths. Predicted grades are accepted.
Equivalent grades include:
- BTEC First Diplomas and Certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 2
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) standard level 3
- We will support you to gain your functional skills if you require them in maths and English
- All of our apprentices are employed through the dealer network and attend week long block training at out state of the art training centre in Coventry
- Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced Coaches as well as Virtual Classroom sessions and E-Learning modules
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.