Service Technician Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Marshall Motor Group Ltd
CALEX UK LTD
** We are still recruiting. Please note that the start of this apprenticeship may be delayed due to the coronavirus situation. If your application is progressed, then you will hear from the recruitment team within 3 working days of your application and invited to participate in a phone interview. During this phone interview, we will provide further clarification with regards to the anticipated programme commencement. **
The Apprenticeship is geared toward training the next generation of Light Vehicle Service Technicians. But what does the role involve?
The Light Vehicle Service Technician's role varies slightly by the employer, based upon the specific needs within the location. The below explanation is, therefore, a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
Light Vehicle Service Technicians service and repair light vehicles such as cars up to 3.5 tonnes. Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features. The duties of a Light Vehicle Service Technician may include:
- Servicing vehicles carrying out checks and maintenance according to the manufacturers' guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Advising the Service Receptionists about required repairs
- Producing time estimates
- Maintaining repair and service records
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Dealer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry-recognised qualification that's recognised across the Motor Industry.
This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist once qualified to further develop your skills and to move into new roles.
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Practical skills
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- The motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
Prior Attainment GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C or 9-4 in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted.
In Scotland applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English and maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Our Apprenticeship Programme is an excellent way of ensuring we have high-quality people working within our Dealer Network. We're looking for ambitious candidates ready to take ownership of their development work hard to achieve their potential and grow with an ambitious employer.
The Programme lasts for at least 36 months and you'll achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) at Level 3
- We will support you to gain your Functional Skills if you require them in maths and English
- All of our Apprentices are employed through the Dealer Network and attend week-long block training at our state - of - the - art Training Centre in Daventry
- Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced Coaches as well as Virtual Classroom sessions and E-Learning modules
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.