Primetime Care Services are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Service Manager whilst completing a Level 5 Operational/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship with Babcock Training
Purpose of the Post.
We require an Apprentice Service Manager for four to five young people in the Nottinghamshire and Derby area. The home supports young people with attachment and behavioural issues; complex needs. Our aim is to support young people to achieve independence.
Within our Outreach service we support young people and their families, specialising in providing tailored support and solutions to ensure that the best interests of each young person we support are met.
To provide advice, assistance and support to young people. To attend to their practical, physical and emotional needs. To act as an appropriate role model, an appropriate adult and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential.
As an Apprentice Service Manager, you will be highly motivated, multi-skilled and ambitious. You will attend meetings, learn to be out-spoken, capable of managing these projects with a passion to meet set goals of young people and for making a difference in young people’s lives.
You will be responsible to the Operational Director and undertake the following duties, with full support from your mentor and once fully trained;
- Devise and drive forward the business development strategy across a range of existing and new income streams
- Working together with young person and their social worker on YPs’ support plan
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extracurricular activities, this may include supporting them with assignment if necessary
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the CEO
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with all local stakeholders including commissioners, social worker, local community groups and young people.
- Report writing / Documentations and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- LAC meeting with IRO, social worker, Commissioners
- Risk Assessment
- Promote independence
- Pro-active in development of the service
- Driving innovation into service delivery
- Building and consolidating existing relationships
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the home’s procedures and culture
- Meeting with young people and their social worker
- Ensuring the highest standards of support in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- Receiving training appropriate to the role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of financial records appropriate to the duties of the post
- Responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with the requirements of the organisational Health and Safety Policies
As an apprentice you be working towards a level 5 Operational Departmental Manager apprenticeship which will involve a local Regional Trainer visiting you at work and remotely to guide you through your apprenticeship.
This is a temporary position for the duration of the apprenticeship, however on successful completion of the apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position as a qualified service manager within the company.
Exact daily shift patterns will be discussed at interview.
The starting apprentice wage is equivalent to £7.00 per hour for the first 12-months of the apprenticeship, then will be reviewed (depending on age for NMW for age if higher) Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will then progress to a starting salary of £18,000 to £20,000 per year.
The successful candidate will be in enrolled onto a L5 Operational Departmental Manager Apprenticeship Standard.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 18-months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
- Excellent communication skills, listening skills and writing skills
- The ability to work using own initiative and as a team member under pressure in a professional manner
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- Experience of working with leaving care young people
- Experience of supervising in a supported living accommodation for young people or similar environment
- Experience in Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and motivated
- Professional attitude
- Punctual and reliable
L3 Qualification preferably in childcare.
- Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager