Maziak are looking for an apprentice to work with an experienced Compressor engineer, to support full maintenance and service of all equipment.
Established back in 1958, Maziak have been supplying customers with compressed air solutions for more than 50 years.
Maziak are industry experts with plenty of product knowledge to help you find the right systems for your applications.
Their vision is to deliver an unbeatable experience as your partner of choice and our Values are at the heart of everything we do.
To take responsibility and ensure reliability to our customers as their chosen compressed air supplier
- Attend customer sites, with skilled mentor engineers
- Perform routine maintenance checks on operation reliability & running capacity of all air supply equipment
- Carrying out all servicing tasks for equipment
- Support installs and breakdowns, for all product ranges / components
- Working to a maintenance schedule onsite and offsite
- Work closely with Service Management team to prioritise full customer support
The long-term plan is that the successful candidate will complete the apprenticeship and then join the company as a Junior Engineer. We cannot guarantee a role on completion of the scheme, but we have a long history of taking on Apprentices, many of whom have now been with us for numerous years.
The role is very varied and will involve overtime as you will sometimes be on customer sites until the issues are resolved. There will be the need for occasional staying away be that through customer visits or through the on-going manufacturer training that takes place off site. Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
- Engineering background (desirable)
- Experience of communicating successfully with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Evidence of accountability in terms of procedures and report writing skills
- Basic PC skills
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative
- Used to working alone and part of a team at customer sites
- Detail oriented
- Ability to influence, motivate and build trust
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills (internal and external)
- Strong communicator
- able to roll up sleeves and get on with the job in hand
- Ability to prioritise
- Possessing integrity
Level 2 Engineering qualification (already achieved or currently working towards) is desirable You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
- Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing
- EAL Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering