Service Desk (Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship) - 18804
ENTSERV UK LIMITED
- To provide 1st line support via the Service Desk, processing contacts from various routes including telephone, email and web which may include offering advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and fulfilling requests ensuring desk standards are met - This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards
- Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and/or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner
- Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables
- To deliver excellent customer service whilst being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced customers
- Effectively utilising information within the knowledge base to prevent unnecessary contacts being routed to the 2nd line support team
- Work to expected service levels and contact handle times
- Support the business in other related activities where reasonably required to do so
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of IT and be proficient in the use of Microsoft software packages
- You will have excellent communication skills
- A professional attitude
- A good telephone manner
- You will also have the ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C/7-4 in any subject, plus GCSE English and maths (or equivalents) at grade C/4 or above
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.