What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide Service Desk support to clients via telephone and email
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call on the Company’s Incident Management Application
- Resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, paying particular attention to Company SLA’s
- Creation of support documentation
- Liaison third parties and customers to ensure that agreed service levels are met
- To escalate calls where necessary to Second Line
- To keep up to date with appropriate technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time
- To familiarise yourself with all key Company systems
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company’s offer of training
- Handle technical support issues via incident management escalations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
Information communications technician Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, there is an opportunity to become a full-time employee at Silverbug Ltd.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A* - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential