The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
As an IT Service Desk Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- 1st Line Support
- Logging calls for customers
- Hardware Builds and Upgrades
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Active Directory administration (creating accounts, email addresses etc.)
For the right person, there is the opportunity to move into a higher position within the support team. This will include continuing to learn and develop.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will have a good telephone manner and a positive outlook
- You will be polite and professional
- You will be willing to work hard, eager to learn and you will be a team player
- An interest in IT is mandatory!
- Mac experience would be desirable
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry
- Have a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE or equivalents in maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
You must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (i.e. a Degree).
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician
- Functional Skills if required
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals.
This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.