Service Desk Analyst Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
Do you want to gain invaluable work experience whilst studying for a qualification?
This exciting apprenticeship will last for 18 months and will work towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification.
As a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice, you will be working in our busy department assisting with providing digital support to members of staff. You will be problem solving and troubleshooting non-routine problems over the telephone and face to face. You will be dealing with requests such as new user account creation and deletion of accounts. You will escalate calls where required to line manager and to other teams within the digital group.
- Provide Service Desk telephone, email and face to face support to the agreed service level agreements
- Accurately log incidents and service requests using the Service Desk IT Service Management tool. Ensuring correct categorisation and priority levels. Communicate appropriately with users and accurately record all communications
- Own Incidents and Service Requests through to resolution, where resolution is not possible on Service Desk, escalate accurately to line manager or other resolver groups within DDaT
- Contribute to the DDaT Service Desk knowledge base for documented process, routine tasks and incident resolutions
- Actively look for service improvements to improve customer experience
- Actively promote the Service Desk in all forms of interaction, including representing the team
- Comply at all times with relevant security, privacy and data protection standards
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the band of the post and skill and qualifications of the post-holder
The apprenticeship will last for 18 months. We'll train you in a range of different aspects of our work in Digital Information. Along the way, you'll be supported by your manager and a mentor. You will also be part of an Acas apprentice network.
Armed with new qualification, transferable skills and all the practical knowledge and experience developed over 18 months, candidate will be ready for a rewarding career within the Digital transformation function.
- Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office packages and SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner with a diverse range of people
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and be proactive
- Highly organised, motivated and able to prioritise workload accordingly
Must have 5 GCSEs at grade C or the new grade level 4 and above in English Language and maths (or equivalent).
Training Provider to be confirmed.
This exciting apprenticeship will last for 18 months and will work towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification, which is assessed in the workplace and weekly classroom sessions.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.