We are seeking an apprentice chef to work closely with our Head Chef & Sous Chef to develop and hone their skills and contribute towards the provision of various meals for our restaurant and for themed evenings.
As a Senior Chef, you will:
- Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- Supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- Maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste
- Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity
- Lead team briefings/meetings
In addition to this role, you will also attend Exeter College one day a week completing the following units:
- Kitchen Operations
- Legal and Governance
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, a permanent position may become available. Alternatively, you may wish to progress onto the Level 4 Hospitality Management Apprenticeship.
- Basic knife skills
- Good understanding of preparation and cooking methods
- Exceptional communication and listening
- Customer focused
- Friendly and interactive
You are required to hold a relevant Level 2 Catering/Hospitality qualification and/or relevant work experience in a similar role.
You are also required to have achieved at least a grade C/4 at GCSE in maths and English equivalents accepted. You may still be considered if you do not hold maths and English at grade C/4.
- IFA Level 3 Senior Production Chef
- Level 2 maths and English Functional Skills (if required)