As well as being one of the world’s largest providers of comprehensive metal cutting solutions at Seco we are also a unique place to work. When you see our 40,000 square foot Innovation and Technology Centre in Alcester or as we prefer to call it, Our Place you'll understand why. It's an environmentally conscious space where people collaborate, make things happen, and make themselves the best they can be.
We’ve built a business employing 4300 people in 50 countries through passion for customers, family spirit and personal commitment. We want to make our people and our customers feel good - exciting and empowering them and giving them what they need to succeed. That's where you come in.
We are seeking to employ and train 1 apprentice(s).
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a Junior Technician - Engineering.
Working in our Inspirational Innovation Hub you will be involved in all areas of managing a customer project. We work in the metal cutting industry and we design and manufacture tools which are used by many manufacturers. Our main customers in the Innovation Hub are Aerospace and Medical. So you could be helping to engineer a part that will be used in an aeroplane or a knee cap for an operation.
The types of duties that you will undertake will be:
- Design Engineering (CAD)
- Programming and operating manual and CNC machines
- You will also spend time gaining experience in commercial, sales, production, design, & project tooling
We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK by Great Place to Work in 2020 and we have award winning offices.
We believe strongly in personal and career development and we would support any apprentice wishing to continue their academic studies to BTEC HNC or degree level.
Our apprentices have gone on to work in as Sales Engineers, Project Engineers, Design Engineers and engineering technicians. Many of our managers started their career as an Engineering Apprentice.
As our office is based in a rural area with limited public transport links you must be mobile and able to travel to Birmingham daily for your first year of your apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- We are looking for people with a passion for engineering
- Good strong communication skills are important as well as presenting and demonstrating
- You must have an aptitude for making and practical skills
- As our office is based in a rural area with limited public transport links you must be mobile and able to travel to Birmingham daily for your first year of your apprenticeship.
- Interest in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Works well as part of a team
- Reliable and willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- IT literate Self-motivated and proactive
- Works well under pressure
GCSE or equivalents in maths and English at 5 or above GCSE in Design and Technology or other engineering subject preferred. GCSE or equivalents in sciences at 5 or above is preferred but not essential.
- Level 3 in Engineering Technician
- Functional Skills if required