Develop the skills required to work in a school kitchen, to include:
- Preparing and serving 2 different types of main meals (vegetarian, meat, and fish options), snack style food option and desserts
- Learning about allergens and how to prepare food that is nutritious and part of a healthy balanced diet
- Receiving food deliveries
- Record keeping
- Operation of a biometric till system
Possible permanent position with the Shires Multi Academy Trust, subject to completion of the Production Chef apprenticeship.
Early morning starts – need to be punctual.
Occasional need to provide catering outside of working hours (the start time will be adjusted for that day).
- Good communication skills, with a good telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Has positive attitude
- Can work independently
- Asks when unsure
- Has a passion for food and cooking
- Has integrity
- Punctual – good timekeeper
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Ability to follow instruction
Level 1 English and maths (working towards Level 2 English and maths if not already accomplished). GCSE pass in Food Technology would be desirable but not essential or equivalent.
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)