Working within the Service Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it's vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and expertise and we don't like to disappoint!
Working as part of a team, the Service Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with Scania's Workshop Teams and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service.
TruckEast goes the extra mile to provide an excelled employment package for every member of staff. This can include; Incentive Schemes, Pension, Scania Rewards and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with customer and clients needs face-to-face and over the phone with a professional and friendly approach
- Service reception cover
- Contacting external customers and providers for various information requests
- Assisting with day-to-day smooth running of the service desk
- MOT bookings
- General duties relevant to the smooth and efficient operation of the department as required by your line manager
At TruckEast, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression. With over 50% of TruckEast's current management team beginning their career as an apprentice, TruckEast apprenticeship programme is great place to start your career.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications. The pay rates would be £4.75 for someone aged 16-17, and £6.75 per hour for someone who is aged 18 years of age.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed
Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Minimum requirements are a Grade 3/D or equivalent in GCSE English Language and maths
- A driving licence would be an advantageous, although not essential
The main purpose of the customer service specialist is to be a 'professional' for direct customer support within all sectors and organisations types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more technical or complex customer requests, complaints and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. As an expert in your organisation's products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues.
You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environment, including contact centres, retail, or any customer service point. The qualification is aimed at individuals more advanced in their inter-personal skills and with experience of working with customers.
The Customer Service Specialist Level 3 qualification will include Function Skills at Level 2 unless exemptions apply. Completion will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual membership at Professional Level.