What will the apprentice be doing?
For more than 120 years Scania has been at the forefront of the automotive industry and today is one of the world’s most recognised and respected commercial vehicle brands.
Working for Scania GB is not just about the job. Scania goes the extra mile to provide an excellent employment package for every member of staff. This can include financial incentive schemes, pension, Scania Rewards, an Employee Assistance Programme, as well as 25 days' holiday which will increase in line with your time at Scania.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems.
You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Learning the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies – heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
• You will be trained on how to service, maintain and repair Scania vehicles which have the latest Scania Super power train technology
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Work alongside a qualified technician/mentor to learn how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship, and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided
• To represent Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with customers and the general public
• Liaise with the Parts department to attain part
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During your heavy vehicle apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy, the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the training academy for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the academy, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit will deliver comprehensive training to all apprentices periodically throughout the programme. During these training sessions, your Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
As a result, you will achieve:
• IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• IRTEC Accreditation
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Scania invests considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their global organisation.
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive enough applications.
Skills RequiredEnthusiasm to learn, Mechanically minded
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential