What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you hands-on and mechanically minded? Do you want to join one of the World’s leading manufacturers? Working for Keltruck is not just a job, it's a career! Keltruck are the largest privately-owned Scania dealer, they believe in developing and nurturing the next generation of Automotive Technicians through the award-winning Scania Apprenticeship programme.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing
- You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner The starting wage is £5.91 per hour for the first 12 months and is reviewed every year of the apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During your heavy vehicle apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art training academy, the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the training academy for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the academy, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit will deliver comprehensive training to all apprentices periodically throughout the programme. During these training sessions, your Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
As a result, you will achieve:
- IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- IRTEC Accreditation
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following the completion of your Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to advance your knowledge and skills by taking Scania’s Master Technician product training courses.
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Skills RequiredEnthusiasm to learn, Mechanically minded
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential