Working for TruckEast is not just about the job. TruckEast goes the extra mile to provide an excelled employment package for every member of staff. This can include; Incentive Schemes, Pension, Scania Rewards and an Employee Assistance Programme including receiving a state of the art toolbox at the start of your Apprenticeship worth over £2000.
As part of the Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems. You will also receive excellent training at Scania’s state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing
- You will be trained on how to: Service, Maintain and Repair Scania trucks which have the latest New G-Series and XT Range cutting-edge technology
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
- To represent the Scania GB in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
At TruckEast, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
With over 50% of TruckEast’s current management team beginning their career as an apprentice, TruckEast apprenticeship programme is great place to start your career.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
- Practically minded
- Logical approach to problem solving
- An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Ability to work within a team
- Detail orientated
Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and maths.
During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art Training centre. The Scania Training Centre is one of their worldwide Training Centres of Excellence which is the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the Training Centre for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow you to achieve a Scania Technician status.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
- IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- IRTEC Accreditation
Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in: