Truck East are an established Scania dealer covering England. They believe in developing and nurturing the next generation of Automotive Technicians through the award-winning Scania apprenticeship programme.
As part of the Scania apprenticeship programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on Scania heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical vehicle systems.
You will also receive excellent training at Scania's state-of-the-art training centre to further develop your new skills and knowledge to the next level.
What will you be doing:
- Learning the fundamentals of heavy vehicle technologies
- Heavy vehicle chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems and testing
- You will be trained on how to service, maintain and repair Scania trucks, buses and similar vehicles
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified technician/mentor, learning how to carry out repairs according to Scania procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point
- To represent the Haydock in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
At Scania, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression, not only in the UK, but throughout their Global organisation. Following the completion of your Scania Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to advance your knowledge and skills by taking Scania's Master Technician product training courses.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong, so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Ability to work within a team
- A keen interest and passion for heavy vehicle technology
- An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
- Practically minded
- Minimum requirements are a 3/D grade or equivalent in English Language and maths
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification(s):
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)